Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Treading water.

Queenslanders are in the midst of the worst flood disaster since 1974. The images we keep seeing are unbelievable but while many of us look on with horror some are in the middle of their worst nightmare.

I cried when I heard about the four-year-old boy who was swept away in flood waters while his family was being rescued. And my heart broke when I learned that a women and her baby perished while trapped in their car as a torrent of water filled Toowoomba's CBD.

How could this happen without warning?

My heart goes out to all those who are affected by this tragic natural disaster.

Let's all give what we can to help those who've lost their loved ones, their homes and all their possessions.

You can make a donation at the Queensland Government's Flood Relief website. Or today only you can go to the Cudo website and they'll match your donation dollar for dollar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley
    I just thought I would tell you about the little rally I have started to collect handmade toys for the children who lost everything in the floods. If you know anyone who can help please pass my link on.
    www.littleraysunshine.blogspot.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete