Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blog identity issues.

It seems my blog is having a crisis of identity...

When I first started my blog, I rushed with full enthusiasm into setting it up without giving it too much thought. Lately I've started to realise that this is a little bit like how I approach most things in life - a trait I'm desperately trying to overcome.

I'm not sure how many different names I've given my blog, but I don't think it would be a stretch to say at least half a dozen in less than a year. I'm also quite a lazy blogger, only giving it thought when the mood strikes, in between playing with my delightfully demanding two-year-old daughter, organising dinner, keeping a clean and tidy house (this might be a bit of a stretch too!), working on my next feature and the myriad of other tasks associated with being the stay-at-home carer.

There are times when I wish for the simplicity of a 9 to 5 job that begins when you sit down at your desk at 5 to 9 and switch off when you log-off your computer....anyway, I digress!

The new blog name 'Life on Venus' is not at all original, I know, but it seemed like the best way to sum up living as a women in a world that sometimes feels a little bit alien.

I've been a mother now for two years but sometimes I still look at my daughter, the housework, the new life I'm living, and feel like I'm living on another planet. One that's wonderfully rewarding and one that's also full of conflicting priorities. So this is my new blog, for now!

I'll try to be consistent - but who knows how I'll feel next week!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. I was the same way. I think I changed my blog name five times before settling on "Mommyhood: Next Right."Soon, things will begin to make sense.

    I found your blog through MBC and am now following. When you get a chance, come check me out at:
    http://mommyhoodnextright.blogspot.com
    -Jessica a.k.a Nya's mom

    ReplyDelete