Friday, July 2, 2010

Babies biting on credit.

I'm sure many of us would like to chew up our credit cards and forget they ever existed. I don't have one anymore. Thank God, or I'd be in debt up to my eyeballs. But I'll bet you've never thought about letting a baby chew on one for comfort.

This morning on the news I heard credit cards might be a shop-a-holic's worst enemy but they're now fast becoming a baby's best-friend.

A new teething toy that looks like a credit card, complete with numbers, an expiry date and name'Ima Spender' is the latest controversial baby toy on the market.

In fact, it's reported that the innocuous looking toy, priced at $24.95, is sparking outrage by social commentators who believe the toy is irresponsible because it's grooming our children in materialism.

I really can't think why you'd want one for bub, regardless of the controversial nature of the thing! You can't use it to buy that oh-so-gorgeous but outrageously priced pair of True Religion jeans and it's no more beneficial than a rubber ring teether.

I suppose it might provide some smug satisfaction to a shop-a-holic who's given up the plastic - after all at least bub can take out her frustrations with it.

What do you think? Irresponsible or just a bit of fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment